Hello there! Thank you for visiting my blog! This here blog will host the latest and greatest news and photos from my studio. I may post about business as well as my personal life, because since I work from home, I get lonely at times; I need someone to talk to, so I may treat this blog as my "make believe" friend.
I LOVE WHAT I DO! Not many people can say this, so I truly feel blessed. I have met some wonderful people throughout the years in business, who I now call friends. I will do my absolute best to make your experience with Karina G Photography AWESOME (yes, I do say awesome quite often).
Karina G Photography is located in Howell, Michigan specializing in high school senior photography. Session availability is very limited; please schedule your appointment in advance.
Enjoy your visit!
Congratulations Class of 2013! I cannot believe how fast the 2012-2013 year has come and gone. These young adults will soon be graduating and starting the rest of their lives. I am so happy to have been a little part of their senior year and allowed to capture some beautiful moments in each one of their lives. Thank you Class of 2013 Seniors, especially Jordan Musson, Lyndsey Herndon and Hunter Taylor, my 2013 Senior Model Reps. May you all find your path and follow your dreams to a lifetime of wealth, good health and happiness! I wish you all the very best and please keep in touch! Here is a short slideshow featuring some images from the Class of 2013! God bless!
YES, it’s that time of year again!! WOOT WOOT, Senior Season, my favorite time of year. I’ve been anxiously awaiting to get my new 2014 seniors on board and to start shooting again. Winter is SO slow for me, but I am all rested up and ready to go!! So here is the scoop:
2014 Senior Model Reps, we are looking for current juniors enrolled in the local area high schools, that are:
- HAVE A SENSE OF FASHION/STYLE
- OUTGOING & WILLING TO SHARE THEIR PHOTOS WITH THE WORLD :)
- ALL AROUND GOOD KID
- WANT FUN AND GREAT SENIOR PORTRAITS
If you know anyone pass this info on or if YOU fit the criteria, PLEASE fill out the application.
Our program in a nutshell: Our senior model reps pay a regular session fee of $175 up front, BUT they get that all credited back to their final order once they refer THREE clients to us who book & pay for a full session. You have at least 3 friends who trust you and will follow your lead right? Well then easy peesy! You will then already have $175 credit to help your parents out at time of ordering your senior pics! After you reach those 3 referrals, when you refer any others, you get more credit to use for your order. It just keeps adding up. You can also qualify to enter into our senior rep drawing for a HUGE prize…to be announced soon. Only reps who refer a certain amount of people will qualify, but the prize will be a good one, I promise you! As a model rep, you will receive a complimentary mini-session so that we can capture some stunning images of you, and then we will use those images to market our season! Your face will be well known around town You will also get some cool images for Facebook, or whatever social media you are in to, to show off. I may even throw in a slideshow from your mini-photo session. I like to surprise my senior models with freebies throughout the season, so beware! All my models REALLY have to do is promote Karina G Photography to their friends, classmates, and whoever will listen, during the remainder of their junior year and especially the summer & their senior year! They have to be committed to having their senior portraits taken by Karina G Photography ONLY (meaning, you can’t go and sign up to be a rep for any other studio), and you have to commit to using some of your images as your profile pic on Facebook and/or other social media, even for just a while. I may need models throughout the year for different promotions or occasions, and I ask my senior models first. I am SUPER easy going and just out to have fun and give my clients top quality photos to remember FOREVER, and I need great senior model reps that can help me get what I envision out for everyone to see.
Applications will be taken from today, March 8th through Friday, March 29th. I am only looking to take on a very limited amount of reps this year and I am looking for ones that are super interested. This would also look GREAT on college applications – I’m just sayin’. Click on the link to APPLY and then email me a recent non-pro photo of you! Have any questions? Call me, 517-546-6654, or email me Karina@KarinaGPhotography.com Juniors, be sure to talk to your parents about this!
One of my best sellers is the dvd slideshow. I love to put my images set to music to create a mood. It is the first thing my clients see when they have a full session with me. Most times parents tear up to see their baby, now high school senior, all grown up, looking amazing. Families see their whole family together, sometimes a rare thing, captured in a slideshow. Parents see their newborn babies or toddlers and realize how fast the time has flown by, but luckily I got to capture some precious moments in time, and put them in a slideshow. I have had parents tell me that they are buying the slideshow to keep for their child’s wedding day, to play at the reception – now that was a GREAT idea! Most of the parents with high school seniors purchase the slideshow to play at their open house, and keep it on loop to play the whole time; bring out a T.V. or laptop and have it playing for everyone to see. Some great ideas! So if you wanted to buy your session’s slideshow, but just didn’t for whatever reason, you can do it now! I have never offered a sale on the dvd slideshows and don’t know if I ever will again, so please take advantage of it. Payment is due right away, no exceptions. Call or email, and enjoy watching your photos for many years to come.
It’s that time of year when most people start feeling BLAH…like down in the dumps, I feel sorry for myself, the weather outside is yucky, kind of blues. We all have them. Sometimes we feel a bit more depressed and not motivated to do much. So I came up with some ideas that you can try, if you like, to get yourself going again. PLEASE NOTE: I am no way near a professional counselor or therapist. I am simply stating some ideas that have worked for me and I wanted to share with you. So, have at it. If they work, let me know. If you have ideas you may want to add, let me know too. If we all lend a hand and help one another, this world could be a happenin’ place, peopleBe your AWESOME self! Awesome is the best word EVER!
1. Do something nice for someone else. Kindness goes so far and often makes you feel good to help someone else. Is your neighbor elderly? Do they need their sidewalk shoveled? Does your local hospital have a children’s unit? Can you take something there for the kids? One day I will haul my son Nathan and daughter Bella up to the U of M Mott’s Hospital to share their talents of playing the guitar and singing. It is a goal of mine to do this, so they can learn that it is so good to give back. Right now Bella is too shy, but she is getting there.
2. Get active; meaning get off the couchgo for a walk, try a new hobby, clean your closet (you may find money in your jean pockets like me)
3. Call a friend. Talk, laugh, talk some more, laugh some more. If you get whats on your mind out in the open, it usually helps.
4. Look in the mirror and smile at your gorgeous selfChoose one thing that you like about yourself physically like your smile, your lips, your eyes. Focus on what you like. For example, I will not focus on my right eye that is smaller then my left, nope, I’ll focus on my full lips, because they are nice and people always say I have a nice smile. So I will stick with that today, lol. Then don’t look in the mirror and pick something about yourself, not physically, that you like. For example, I have a way with words, lol, that my family always tells me…I talk alot which allows me to pin point what I have to say
5. Start a new project. Most people have smart phones nowadays, so I suggest doing a “30 day Things that make me Happy” project, or a 10 day “things that I am grateful for” project. Something that makes you really look around you. It could be anything. Yesterday I photographed my youngest getting off the bus, because I look forward to that every day and I am so grateful for her. Today, I am photographing my dogs out in the snow because that makes me happy. If you stop and think about it, look around, you will notice the little things that put a smile on your face. I promise. If you want to be inspired about this project go check this link out. It is one of my rockstar guru’s who created this and I tell you what, she is amazing!
6. Read a book. Take some time for yourself for Pete’s sake. I know this isn’t easy for everyone, especially if you have kids and a job. BUT, that’s why it is so important. I read 2 books this past week, and yes I stayed up pretty late to read them, and paid for it the next day. But my gosh, did I ever enjoy them.
7. Go see a funny movie! Now this, this idea I LOVE! My hubby and I try to do this weekly, or actually biweekly now. It’s just something we enjoy doing together, where he and I don’t speak, but can escape for 2 hours, lol. That’s a funny thought, that we go together and don’t speak, but that’s okay too. At least we hold handsAnyhow, we have been to several movies where I almost peed my pants, like most recently “This is 40″ or rent the movie “Old School”, that movie never gets old. Laughter is the best medicine! And if you go to the show between 4 and 6pm, it’s usually WAY cheaper than other times, $5 at MJR in Brighton.
8. Listen to upbeat music and DANCE! I love to do this. There is just something about shaking your ‘thang’ that makes you feel good. Turn up the volume and dance like no one is watching. AND if they are watching, better yet. My kids think I am wacko sometimes, but then my hubby joins in and it’s a party!
9. Pray out loud to your higher power. Seriously, say what you feel, what you need, ask for strength. Maybe once you hear yourself say it, it will allow you to leave it there.
10. Seek professional help. Okay, I need to get serious now. Find a counselor or therapist if you are having more bad days than good. I’m not going to lie, I have been to a therapist, a couple of them infact. I am proud to say that because it truly helped me. I didn’t realize that I had SO many things to get off my chest, to say out loud, acknowledge their presence and then leave them there. It was so refreshing and it renewed my life. It helps to talk to someone who can point out positives that you many not be able to see. Sometimes we get down and feel blinded by all the bad things in our life that we don’t have the energy to see all the good happening around us.
Just remember, today may be one of those BLAH, leave me alone or don’t leave me alone, I am feeling crappy kind of days – I hear you, we have all had them. But there is so much around you that is good. Someone else, I guarantee has it worse than you. Go help them outYou are a good, decent, beautiful person. You matter to someone, you matter to me. And just because today isn’t a great day, doesn’t mean tomorrow won’t be. Try, try to focus on something good and positive. This too shall pass
Oh wait, ONE MORE THING, if you haven’t seen this video yet, OMG, click on this link and try not to smile, I DARE YOU!
It is finally SENIOR season and I am so looking forward to photographing 2013 seniors! This week I am offering a $50 portrait credit towards your senior portrait order if you book a date in June or July. You have to call or email me between June 4th and June 9th to get this deal and schedule the session for a day in June or July. Please have your credit card handy when you call so that you pay the session fee to reserve your date. Go to http://www.karinagphotography.com , click on the SENIORS tab under the photos on my splash page, then go to INFO & PRICING tab to find out what types of sessions we offer. I am so ready to get started and to showcase our new backdrops and props! We book only a limited number of sessions per month in order to ensure our full attention and the best quality service we have. So, book your session TODAY, this week at least, and cash in on this deal!